Title: In the morning light
Author: Sariana
Email: kidasparrow@hotmail.com
Pairing: Jack/James
Rating: PG13
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters. I do this just for fun and get no money for this (oh bugger)
Summary: Just a short cut from a morning
Author's Note: This is my first ficlet ever and since I haven't written anything in English, either, this is also my first fic in English. And oh, thank you, Amanda, for giving me the title and being my beta!
Dedicated to: My love, my Jamie, my Commodore – You are the one. I'm only a part of a man without you. You make me complete.


In the Morning Light
by Sariana

* * *

James felt like floating in his dreams, from the deepest bottom, slowly, to the surface of his consciousness.

The bed. Not as wide as his own but not as lonely, either. God... how lonely he had been in his own bed, the loneliest man in the world, under his manners, his behavior, his navy uniform. Like his heart had been beating hard, drum-like, but being covered by a layer of the coldest ice, crying, starving of the need of being loved and to love.

He moved his arm a little bit, stretched it to reach the man he had held tight with both of his arms when he had fallen asleep. Empty. The bed was empty.

His eyes flew open and he jumped up, the sheets falling down and baring his naked body. He was sitting on the bed and searching someone with his eyes.

A blue figure was standing in front of the window, the bright sunlight shining in, making the small room so light, that it hurt James' eyes, and he had to shut them and open them again. The figure was still there, watching down to the garden through the window which he obviously had opened to let the fresh morning air to get in.

"Why..." James started, cleared his voice and continued: "Why are you wearing my uniform?"

The figure turned around and smiled at him, so wide that he was able to see glimpse of Jack's golden teeth. Jack looked even wilder than usual, with his hair falling loose around his tanned face, over his shoulders.

"I'm not wearing your uniform", he said, "only the jacket, love. And, I dare to say, it looks good on me."

"It's too big for you", James answered and couldn't help smiling. Jack did look good, the blue jacket covering his shoulders and back, but open at the front so James was able to see his chest, his belly and everything else there was to see.

"I don't mind", Jack let his hand to slip over the blue cloth. "It's so soft... and it smells of you."

"I don't smell", James mumbled. "Why are you wearing it? Are you going to leave me soon?"

"Now, look – I can't stand here naked, can I?" Jack asked grinning.

"I'm sure you don't want me to be seen by a maid or someone standing naked in front of the window of your room. Or do you? Mm?"

James wasn't sure if there was any difference between him standing there naked or wearing his jacket but he didn't feel like asking anyway. He was sure Jack had a good explanation for that but he didn't care. He didn't care anything but the man near the window – the man he wanted to come back to the bed. The idea about not caring made him feel free, just this time, him staying at a friend's house at the countryside, where Jack had sneaked in middle at the night and settled down to the corner of the library where James had found him on his way to his room and bed.

Like reading his mind Jack let the jacket slip off his shoulders and fall down to the floor. He took few steps to reach the bed, moving the delicate way he always moved, crawled over the bed and sat on his lap, then pushing him to lay on his back, on the pile of pillows. Jack set himself over him like covering him limb by limb, warming him and making him feel like this was the point of his life he had always wanted to reach.

James gathered Jack's hair in his hand, moved the hair aside and bared his face properly, his neck where he could still see the marks he had done last night while kissing, biting Jack, feeling that he wasn't able to get enough him... and Jack, begging, praying for more. And more, and still more. Like James was soon going to do himself.

Jack pressed his lips against the lips of the man under his weight, gave a light kiss, and another, letting his kisses get deeper, longer, feeling the lips he was kissing opening, a tongue licking his teeth, and a hand which was holding his hair taking a proper grip from his neck. He noticed his breath getting heavier while the other hand started to move over his shoulders, his back, his hips... Those hands, so soft and still demanding, holding him, controlling him.

"And about me leaving", Jack whispered, opening his eyes and looking at the eyes which were looking back at him, full of feelings he was almost afraid of to recognize because he felt that his own feelings, reflecting back from those eyes, were strong enough to drown him if he only would let them to.

"Yes?" James whispered back.

"I'm not leaving yet."

"I can see that", James let his fingers run along Jack's spinal and felt him to tense under his touch. "How about Black..."

"Hush, love", Jack silenced him with a soft kiss. "She waits for me... as long as it takes."

James spread his legs to let Jack slip between them and then wrapped his legs around Jack's like he wanted to hold him there forever.

"And so do I", he said. "I'll wait for you as long as it takes. Always."

Jack wiggled his hips and made James gasp.

"So, you're like my Pearl", he said laughing. "But I like your mast better."



* * *